Save time in the morning and start your day off on the right foot with these simple tips!
From the snooze button to the forecast, it’s easier than you think when it comes to getting your day started. Here are a few that we found:
- Give up the snooze button – it’s not worth it! Turns out that beloved snooze button that the majority of us enjoy hitting (repeatedly) isn’t all that great. You’re really wasting a lot of time. When your alarm goes off and you jump up to hit the snooze button, know that those short extra minutes of ‘sleep’ don’t matter; your brain doesn’t return that stage of getting quality sleep. How do you avoid hitting the snooze button? Set your alarm clock on the far side of the room so you have to get up out of bed to turn it off.
- Do your work at … work. There’s no need to check your inbox before you leave the house in the morning. Going through emails delays you from getting out the door because you more than likely end up responding to them. Don’t get distracted – you’re headed to the office to work anyway, right?
- Prepare the night before. Iron your clothes, prepare your lunch for the next day – if there’s anything you do in the morning that could be executed the night before, DO IT!
- What’s for breakfast? E Breakfast – the most important meal of the day that you DON’T want to miss out on. Save time on the morning meal by getting quick, on the go breakfast items. Granola bars, oatmeal, apples, bananas; grab it and go!
- Put items in clear view. When items are visible you’re more apt to avoid the ‘morning hunt’! Put your keys, laptop and anything else you bring to the office in a place that you KNOW you won’t miss.
- Check the weather and commute. Oh look at that, it’s raining and you forgot the umbrella – something so small that can set you off on the wrong foot as soon as you step out the door. The good news is, you KNEW it was going to rain because you checked the forecast before you left the house. Also, don’t forget to check the traffic! Nobody wants a commute delay on a Monday.
How do you save time in the morning?