I’ve been seeing this or similar recipes on a lot of healthy/low carb/low fat/skinny food blogs, so I wanted to give it a try. After all I hear Zeus ate Greek Yogurt. Zorba too I think.
To me Greek Yogurt always seemed like an annoying little over-achieving ingredient that could be used in every dish. It’s always popping up in recipes on websites and cooking shows as a healthy substitute for sour cream, mayonnaise, butter, cream, oil, buttermilk, the list seems endless.
This recipe kept popping up, with rave reviews in the comment sections. And since I’m on a health kick, I’m always on the look-out for something to make chicken breasts less boring. And dry.
This was REALLY good. Smelled good, tasted good, the chicken was moist & juicy, and clean up was easy.
A couple of notes…
- Several comments mentioned that theirs didn’t brown, so I set it to Broiler for the last 5 minutes. Some recipes put bread crumbs in it too.
- Don’t know if it matters but I accidentally got shaved Parmesan instead of grated like the recipe called for, but it was still good.
- Several comments complained that it was too salty, and I get that. I might cut back a little on the seasoning next time.
And according to My Fitness Pal, when I put the ingredients in it was only 205 calories per serving and 34 grams of protein. Dig it!
It’s supposedly really good heated up as leftovers too. That question I’ll not be qualified to answer until tomorrow.
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup parmesan cheese – grated
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Combine greek yogurt, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper in a bowl.
3) Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
4) Coat each chicken breast in greek yogurt mixture and place on foiled baking sheet. Some recipes even said marinate it, but at least make sure every bit of the meat is covered. Sprinkle a little more cheese over the top of the chicken.
5) Bake for 45 minutes.