Tax Day [Need an extension?]
The day has finally arrived – tax day! Need some time to finish things up? Check this out!
Seems like it was just yesterday that we were all filling out those forms and sending them off in the mail doesn’t it? Well, the IRS isn’t going to wait on you … or will they? This one’s for you, procrastinators (or those of you who are simply too busy and spaced it). If you need an extension on your taxes, we’ve found a list of forms that might spare you some time:
If you are not able to file your federal individual income tax return by the due date, you may be able to get an automatic 6-month extension through this form –> 4868
Extensions for Corporations/Partnerships
- Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns
- Form 1138, Extension of Time for Payment of Taxes by a Corporation Expecting a Net Operating Loss Carryback
Other Extension Forms
- Form 2350 Application for Extension of Time to File U.S. Income Tax Return (For U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad Who Expect To Qualify for Special Tax Treatment)
- Form 4768 Application for Extension of Time to File a Return and/or Pay U.S. Estate (and Generation-Skipping Transfer) Taxes
- Form 5558 Application for Extension of Time to File Certain Employee Plan Returns
- Form 8809 Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns
- Form 8868, Application for Extension of Time To File an Exempt Organization Return.
- Form 8892, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File Form 709 and/or Payment of Gift/Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax