Here are a few tips on being prepared for severe weather this spring…
Severe weather hit Tennessee hard recently. Because of that, I wanted to post some severe weather safety tips. Plus, I grew up watching thunderstorms with my Mom in our garage, and she ALWAYS had a plan for us!
Here are some severe weather safety tips you should follow:
- Keep fresh batteries and a battery-operated TV, radio, or internet-enabled device handy.
- Have a tornado emergency plan including access to a “safe shelter”.
- You should stock an emergency kit (including water, non-perishable food, and medication).
- Keep a list of important information, including telephone numbers.
- Pay close attention to changing weather conditions in your area. DON’T IGNORE WARNINGS.
- Go to the basement or an inside room without windows on the lowest floor (bathroom, closet, center hallway).
- Avoid windows.
- For added protection get under something sturdy (a heavy table or workbench).
- Cover your body with a blanket, sleeping bag or mattress. Protect your head with anything available.
Thanks for reading!