This White Chicken Chili is really, really good…
I tried this last weekend and it was absolutely delicious! I’ve had several people ask for it, so here you go!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
Total Time: 35-50 minutes
(1) tbs oil
(1) medium onion
(1-2) packets White Chicken Chili Seasoning (season to taste!)
(3) chicken breasts cut into cubes (or you can use 3 cans of white/dark meat chicken)
(2) cups chicken broth
(1) can cream of chicken soup
(1) cup water (more if needed)
(1) 7 oz. can green chilies
(1) can fire-roasted/mexi-corn
(3) ans Great Northern beans
(1) 12 oz. can evaporated milk
(1 1/2) cups sour cream
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Saute onions and spices for 3-4 minutes over med high heat.
- Add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is cooked, another 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth, water and cream of chicken soup to pot, stir until the soup is completely mixed in.
- Add 2.5 cans of beans, corn and diced green chilies.
- Puree 1/2 can of beans in blender or food processor until smooth. (add a bit of water if needed.)
- Add puree to chili.
- Turn up heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, then add evaporated milk and sour cream.
- Simmer for another 20-30 minutes or so. Chili will thicken as it cooks.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy! (I like tortilla strips and a tiny amount of cheese on top!)