Join Clear 99 and the Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Missouri for the Annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s on Sunday, October 20th.
Individuals and groups from all over the area come together to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research.
Walk to honor someone you know suffering from Alzheimer’s. Walk to prevent the disease from being a part of your future. Or just walk to support your community. No matter the reason, get your purple on, put your team together, and get ready to walk. Join almost 500 participants already signed up over 60 plus teams. Even better, know that every dollar you raise benefits those affected by Alzheimer’s disease in your community. Together, we can end Alzheimer’s disease.
Sunday October 20th
Registration at 12PM
Opening Ceremony at 1PM
Walk to Follow
Cosmopolitan Park – Lamb Shelter
1615 Business Loop 70 West
Columbia, MO 65202
ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE IS AN EPIDEMIC
- No cure
- It’s the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another dementia.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease.
- In the United States someone develops Alzheimer’s every 66 seconds.
- You can do your part.